We’re proud to announce a new addition to the BeautyFluent app: ThatsSmoooth, grooming products made for men of color, by men of color.
Born in Harlem, ThatsSmoooth founder Miguel Martinez spent decades having to settle for facial shaving products that were not made for his Afro-Latino hair texture and skin type. After decades of battling sensitive skin and products not designed for his multi-textured hair, Martinez decided it was time to create his own solution. ThatsSmoooth champions greater diversity and inclusivity in men’s grooming by addressing wavy, curly, kinky and thick hair while being sensitive-skin conscious and utilizing natural ingredients free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and synthetic fragrances.
Discover the ritual:
How to use:
- Prep your skin by cleansing with ThatsSmoooth 3-in-1 Exfoliating Beard & Facial Wash.
- While face is slightly damp, apply about the size of a dime (or a nickel) of Pre-Shave Oil to bearded area.
- Wet the Synthetic Silvertip Badger Hair Brush with HOT water & gently squeeze away a bit of the excess moisture from brush.
- Place about the size of a blueberry of Shaving Cream directly onto brush; apply brush to face and lather in a circular motion to bearded area.
- Using Single Blade Safety Razor, begin shaving with direction of hair growth with blade at 30° angle using short, choppy strokes. Be sure not to apply any pressure; let the weight of the handle do the work. For a closer shave, re-lather cream & shave across direction of hair growth.
- Splash face with cool water to close the pores, gently pat dry, & apply Aftershave Balm to soothe and heal the skin.
Find ThatsSmoooth at Macy’s & Belk.