LAST UPDATED: December 22, 2023
Information We Collect
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below. We use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to: personalize, provide, improve, and market our Services; allow you to set up an account and profile; fulfill your requests for certain products and services; and analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Information You Provide to Landing
Personal Information you may provide to us or our Service Providers (defined below) include:
- Business and personal contact information. For example:
- If you opt to join our mailing list, you will provide your email address.
- If you are a beauty advisor, such as an associate of a beauty retailer, you may choose to create an account on our BeautyFluent app or website, in which case you will provide your name and email address, and the name and city or zip code of your affiliated Retailer(s) (if any), and you may also opt to provide your shipping address. We collect information regarding your affiliated Retailer(s) so that we may to provide you with access to and use of our Services you request, to personalize and improve your experience with the Services, and to verify your affiliation with and your ability to access content and services related to the Retailer(s) you designate.
- Further, you may apply to create an account as a Retailer or Brand, or if you are an enrolled Retailer or Brand, you may place or receive an order through our Services. If you choose to apply for a Retailer account, you will provide your first and last name, email address, phone number, and job title, as well as information about your retailer, including business name, business address(es), and parent company name, if applicable. If you are an enrolled Retailer and you opt to request product samples or make a purchase via our Services, you will provide information to facilitate that order, such as your shipping address and a contact name and email for the shipment. Similarly, if you choose to apply for a Brand account, you will provide your first and last name, brand name, website, business address, business phone number, and social media profiles. We collect this information in order to provide you with access to and use of our Services, to market our Services to you, to facilitate or fulfill requests or orders you make via the Services, and, as necessary, to comply with legal requirements.
- Content you choose to provide, post or upload to the Services. This information may include text, files, images, audio, video assets, and other information regarding you, your business, and your products, such as when you create or populate a Brand or Retailer account or profile, or should you choose to communicate with other users via the Services . We collect this information to provide you with access to and use of our Services you request, to personalize and improve your experience with the Services, and to facilitate communications between you and other users.
- Retailer-shared Information. Landing may receive from Retailers certain sales and product data about brands that are registered on the Landing portal. This data is confidential information of the Retailer and is shared with Landing on a confidential basis.
- Billing and payment information. For example, our Service Providers (such as First Data, PayPal and Authorize.net) process payments for the purpose of charging enrolled Brands who choose to purchase our Services, and may collect credit card information, billing address, and payment processor. In addition, if you are an enrolled Brand, you may receive orders from Retailers via our Services, in which case you will provide information to facilitate that order, such as certain financial information (e.g. bank account information) so we can pay you. If you are an enrolled Retailer, you may choose to place product orders from Brands via our Services. We typically collect payment on such orders via invoice or PayPal, but in some limited situations you may provide financial information (such as credit card information) to facilitate your order.
- Feedback, comments, questions, or reviews, such as information you may provide should you choose to contact us with questions or for support or otherwise correspond with us. We collect this information to provide you with support you request, and to otherwise provide, maintain, and improve our Services.
Information We Obtain From Others
In addition, if you create an account with us through a third-party platform we support (such as Google or Facebook), we may receive some Personal Information about you in accordance with your privacy settings with that third-party platform.
Information We Collect Automatically
We or our Service Providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Services. The information we may automatically collect about you may include Personal Information about you and your browser or device, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. This information helps us to improve our Site and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to recognize you when you return to our Services, and to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests. We also use this information for marketing purposes, including to help us show relevant advertising to you more effectively, both on and off our Services and to measure the performance of such ads.
On our Site, this information is collected using cookies. We use two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie lasts beyond the current session and is used for many purposes, such as recognizing you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to our Site and interact with our Services without signing in again. Session cookies last only as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session). We may also use browser web storage, web beacons, tracking technologies (such as mobile advertising IDs and tags), and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons to determine whether users open or act on our communications. These technologies are small data files that we transfer to your browser or device that allows us to provide and enhance our Services. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of these technologies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
In addition, we may use analytics Service Providers, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding your visits to our Services, such as your behavior on our Services, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Tracking and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At this time, we do not have a system to respond to Do-Not-Track or similar signals from web browsers. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect about you to provide, support, personalize, and make our Services more relevant and useful to you and others, including for the various business purposes as described below:
- To present our Site and to provide, personalize, and improve our Services to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request, such as to allow you to apply for and create an account and profile, to verify such account and any Brand and/or Retailer affiliations designated therein, and to facilitate, process, and fulfill your orders or requests for products and services
- To monitor and analyze usage and trends and personalize and improve the Services and your experience using the Services
- To communicate with you about your account, orders, and updates to our Services, and to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- To send marketing emails from which you can opt-out as described below
- To facilitate communications between you and other users
- To protect, investigate, malicious, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity detect, and deter against security incidents or malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- To comply with our legal obligations, applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- To create Anonymized Information
- For other business purposes, with your consent.
Our marketing emails tell you how to opt-out or unsubscribe. If you opt-out of marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails and notifications, which may include information about your account, our business dealings with you, orders or transactions you engage in via the Services, and updates regarding our Services, terms of service, and policies.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share the Personal Information we collect from and about you (1) with other users of the Services, according to your account settings and consistent with our Terms of Service; (2) for legal, protection, and safety purposes; (3) to comply with laws and in response to lawful requests and legal processes; (4) to protect the rights and property of Landing International Inc., our agents, customers, and others, including by enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service; (5) with a new owner if the ownership or control of all or part of our Services changes; and (6) with those third party Service Providers (defined below) we contract with to perform functions related to the Services (“Service Providers”). In addition, we may share with third parties Anonymized Information that we create from the information we collect from and about you – that is, information we strip of your name, contact information, and/or any other information that could permit you to be identified as an individual. Anonymized Information is not considered your Personal Information.
Please note, if you are a beauty advisor having an account on our BeautyFluent app or website, we curate and personalize the contents and services available to you based on the affiliated Retailer(s) (if any) you designate in your account settings. To provide you with Retailer-specific information, and to permit our enrolled Retailers the ability to restrict and track access to their information, we must verify your affiliation with any Retailer(s) you designate in your account settings. We do this by sharing certain Personal Information and data we have collected from and about you to the Retailer(s) you designate as affiliated with your account (if any). You may create a beauty advisor account without designating any affiliated Retailer(s) and/or you may request Landing to edit your account settings at any time to update or delete any affiliated Retailer(s). We do not share your Personal Information with any Retailer(s) you have not designated as affiliated.
We work with third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf (“Service Providers”). For example, we may use Service Providers to process and fulfill orders, process payments, facilitate our marketing communications with you, and perform services related to the design, maintenance, and improvement of the Services. These Service Providers will have access to your Personal Information to the extent needed to perform their business functions, and may not use or share that Personal Information for purposes outside the scope of their functions related to the Services.
We do not rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. While we take steps to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, including employing certain physical, administrative, and technical security measures, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Subject to the data rights detailed below, we may retain the Personal Information we collect from or about you as long as you have an active Account with us. If you delete your account, we may anonymize and/or delete your Personal Information.
Data Processing and Data Rights
Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How We Use Your Personal Information”
To present our Site and to provide, personalize, and improve our Services to you
To provide you with information, products, or services that you request, such as to allow you to apply for and create an account and profile, to verify such account and any Brand and/or Retailer affiliations designated therein, and to facilitate, process, and fulfill your orders or requests for products and services
To facilitate communications between you and other users
To monitor and analyze usage and trends and personalize and improve the Services and your experience using the Services
To communicate with you, including about your account, orders, and updates to our Services, and to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service, to send marketing communications, and to respond when you contact us
To protect, investigate, malicious, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity detect, and deter against security incidents or malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
To comply with our legal obligations, applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
With your consent
Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Services. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your Personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the Services you access and request.
These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Services.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provide rights to certain individuals located in California and the European Union, respectively.
If you are in California, you may have privacy rights including:
- Access Data: You may have the right to receive a copy of Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months including: categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; categories of sources from which the Personal Information has been collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Request Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete information we have collected about you.
- Non-discrimination: You may have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you are based within the EU, in certain circumstances you may also have the following rights:
- Right to access: the right to request certain information about, access to and copies of the Personal Information about you that we are holding (please note that you are entitled to request one copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you at no cost, but for any further copies, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on administration costs);
- Right to rectification: the right to have your Personal Information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure / “right to be forgotten”: where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent and the right to request that we delete or erase your Personal Information from our systems (however, this will not apply if we do not rely on your consent to carry out the processing or if we are required to hold on to the information for compliance with any legal obligation or if we require the information to establish or defend any legal claim);
- Right to restriction of use of your information: the right to stop us from using your Personal Information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we return any information you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or that we send it directly to another company, where technically feasible;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your Personal Information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or for marketing purposes; and
- Right to lodge a complaint about us to a supervisory body in your country of work or residence (for instance, the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Inquiries regarding this Policy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at:
Landing International, Inc.
740 S. Broadway, Suite 900
Los Angeles, CA 90014